Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NGS GenTech Luncheon




Saturday, 12:15 p.m., S431, "The Future of Family History–According to You!" by the Ancestry Insider
What does the future hold for genealogy and genealogists? "Beyond the barricade is there a world you long to see?" Come prepared for audience participation.

We received a message from the Ancestry Insider about his luncheon presentation and this is what he had to say:


                        “You would like me to speak at a luncheon? Wow. The food had better
                        be good. Maybe conference organizers are desperate. Or maybe they know
                        something about the future that I don’t.

                        Say, what about the future? Was Thomas Jefferson talking about genealogists
                        when he said, 'I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past'?
                        Well, well, Mr. President, genealogists can do both; thank you very much. I
                        can dream about the future every bit as well as the next yellow, fictional blog
                        writer. Now I know very well that what they say about me might be true uhhh…
                        might not be true. They say I know less than I think and I think less than I
                        know. So when it comes to predicting the future, I might need your help.
                        Maybe I’ll use the 'we is better than me' principle.

                        While Jefferson missed the mark, Yogi Berra hit it square. 'The future ain’t
                        what it used to be.' Come help me predict the future of genealogy."


Tickets for the luncheon are still available but must be purchased by 22 April. To add the luncheon, log on at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org, click on My Account, select My Events, and then click to Add Sessions.
 
Special prizes will be given out at the luncheon, five (5) Ancestry.com subscriptions and two (2) copies of Family Tree Maker, courtesy of Ancestry.com. Winners must be present to win.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment