Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Speaker Profile-David E. Rencher, AG, CG, FUGA, FIGRS


Friday, 2:30 p.m., F341, “Treasures in the Records of the U.S. Congress”
Since records are kept at every level of government in the United States, it’s easy to overlook records that may enrich the story of your family. Such was the case in my family–it wasn’t until I discovered a set of family letters after the death of my aunt that I was able to unlock an amazing chapter in the lives of my great-grandparents who settled in Arizona. During this presentation, you’ll see how their lives interacted with the Apache Indians on the San Carlos Indian Reservation and their encounter with soldiers from Fort Apache!

Saturday, 8:00 a.m., S407, “How Genealogical Societies Can Provide a Meaningful Benefit for Their Distance Members”
You’ll have the opportunity to learn how you can encourage your genealogical society to provide the programs and services you need as a distance member. When you don’t live in the area where your society membership is held, you may feel that your needs are often overlooked. If you are a society officer, take advantage of this opportunity to learn how you can serve your distance members and grow your membership.

Over the years, I have had a passion in genealogy–learning new record sources and actively participating in genealogical society management. This year, NGS has given me the opportunity to voice both of those passions in my sessions–please join me in this quest!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment